A few planting tips:
- Planting Season is September to November.
- Earlier planting provides better rooting.
- Bulbs should be planted at least 6 weeks prior to 1st permanent frost.
- Plant in well-drained soil, about 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) deep
- Supplement with fertilizer or compost in fall during rooting period.
Bone meal is a good fertilizer for tulip bulbs.
- Consider covering with mulch to protect from early spring thawing and freezing.
- If left for 6 weeks after they have bloomed in the spring, the tulips will bloom again the following year
- Have fun gardening and enjoy your beautiful locally-grown tulips